Our team has finished your comprehensive trademark search. In your report, we flagged your trademark as a “Storm Watch” or a “Tornado Warning.”
That doesn’t mean the road is closed. Watch this 6-minute video and skim your options below. Then book a quick call so we can choose the right next step together.
Your search is complete, and we found some risk worth talking through before we file.
We’re holding your filing for now. We won’t file your application until we’ve aligned with you on the best path forward.
What we need from you: Please book a call or reply to our email as soon as you can. A quick reply means we can get your application filed sooner and start protecting your brand.
We use a simple weather scale to describe how risky it would be to file your trademark as it is today. Your report flagged one of these two:
If it were our business, we would move forward despite the risks (maybe with some tweaks).
If it were our business, we would not move forward without a rebrand or big changes.
Either way, the rating is our honest read of the risk, not a final answer from the USPTO. On our call, we’ll walk through the specific marks we found and what they mean for you.
Once we’ve talked through your report, we’ll recommend the option that fits your situation best. Here’s a quick side-by-side:
| Option | What it means | Cost | Best if... |
|---|---|---|---|
| Move forward as-is | We file your trademark as planned | Included in your package | Your rating is a Storm Watch and you’re comfortable with the risk |
| Move forward with tweaks | We adjust the wording, logo, or classes before filing | Included in your package | A few changes could meaningfully lower the risk |
| Rebrand and search a new name | You pick a new name and we run a fresh comprehensive search | Your second search is complimentary | Your rating is a Tornado Warning, or you’d rather start on stronger ground |
Some risk is normal, and plenty of strong brands are filed with a Storm Watch. If you want to keep your name exactly as it is, we’ll file your application and keep you posted at every step.
Sometimes small changes make a big difference. Adjusting the wording of your mark, filing a logo instead of (or along with) the name, or narrowing the goods and services you list can put more distance between you and the marks we found.
If the risk is high, choosing a new name now can save you a lot of money and stress later. When you have a new name in mind, we’ll run a second comprehensive search on it at no extra cost, for both MAX and PRO clients.
If you move forward with a risky name, the USPTO may issue an office action saying your mark is too similar to one already on file. That’s called a “2(d) refusal,” and it counts as a “substantive” office action, which means it goes to the core of whether your mark can be registered (not just a paperwork fix).
That’s a big part of why we talk through your options before filing. Want to learn more?
This is a focused strategy call with our team. We’ll review your specific findings, answer your questions, and help you decide whether to move forward, make adjustments, or explore a stronger new name.
We’ll translate the legal language in your search report into clear, practical guidance. You’ll leave knowing your real level of risk, the safest direction for your brand, and the exact next steps.
This is not a high-pressure sales call. It’s a planning session designed to give you clarity, confidence, and a legally sound path forward.
Finished the video? Great. Book your advisory call using the calendar, and we’ll map out the safest and smartest future for your brand.
Prefer email? Simply reply to the email from our team and we’ll align on next steps there.